Complaints Handling Policy

Riverview Law is committed to providing a high quality legal service and to dealing with all its customers fairly. We acknowledge that we may not always get it right so if something has gone wrong, we need you to tell us, so that we can do our best to resolve the problem.

1.1 How do I make a complaint?
In the first instance it may be helpful to contact the person who is working on your case to discuss your concerns and we will do our best to resolve any issues at this stage. Alternatively, you can contact us in writing (by letter or email) or by speaking with our Director of Legal Services whose contact details are:

Steven Zdolyny whose email is, or by post to: Riverview Law, Hilbre, Riverside Park, Southwood Road, Bromborough, Wirral, CH62 3QX

To help us to understand your complaint, and in order that we do not miss anything, please tell us:

  • your full name and contact details
  • what you think we have got wrong
  • what you hope to achieve as a result of your complaint
  • your customer reference number (if you have it)
  • If you require any help in making your complaint we will try to help you.

Making a complaint will not affect how we handle your case.

1.2 How will you deal with my complaint?

We will record your complaint centrally.

We will notify you in writing within two working days acknowledging your complaint, enclosing (or attaching if we respond by email) a copy of this policy.

We will investigate your complaint. This will usually involve:

  • reviewing your complaint
  • reviewing your file(s) and other relevant documents, and
  • speaking with the person who dealt with your matter

We may also need to ask you for further information or documents. If so, we will ask you to provide the information within a specific period of time.

We may also, if appropriate, invite you to a meeting to discuss your complaint. You do not have to attend if you do not wish to or if you are unable to. We will be happy to discuss the matter with you on the telephone.

We will update you on the progress of your complaint at appropriate times.

We will notify you in writing at the end of our investigation to tell you what we have done and what we propose to do to resolve your complaint. We will aim to do this within 20 working days of the date of our email or letter of acknowledgement.

1.3 What if I am not satisfied with the outcome?
If you are unhappy with the outcome of our complaints handling procedure please first let us know and we will review the matter.

If you are still unhappy you can ask the Legal Ombudsman, an independent complaints body established under the Legal Services Act 2007, to look into your complaint. You can contact the Legal Ombudsman:

You must usually refer your complaint within six months of our final written response to your complaint and within six years of the act or omission about which you are complaining occurring (or within three years of you becoming aware of it). Further details are available on the website:

Alternative complaints bodies (such as the Small Claims Mediation Service – exist which are competent to deal with complaints about legal services should we both wish to use such a scheme. We would be amenable to using the Small Claims Mediation Service scheme.

If you believe that we have breached an SRA principle, or believe that we have been dishonest in our dealings with you or discriminated against you, then you should report the matter to the SRA directly. Further details are available on the website:

If you are not a customer and are not satisfied with the outcome of any complaint that you make to us, then you may be able to complain to the SRA. Further details are available on the website:

If we are unable to resolve your complaint, and it relates to a contract we entered into online or by other electronic means, you may also be able to submit your complaint to a certified alternative dispute resolution (ADR) provider in the UK via the EU ‘ODR platform’. The ODR platform is an interactive website offering a single point of entry for disputes between consumers and traders relating to online contracts. The ODR platform is available to consumer clients only, i.e. where you have instructed us for purposes outside your trade, business, craft or profession. The website address for the ODR platform is:

1.4 What will it cost?
We will not charge you for handling your complaint.

Please note that if we have issued an invoice for work done on the matter, and all or some of the invoice is not paid, we may be entitled to charge interest on the amount outstanding.

The Legal Ombudsman service is free of charge.