- Riverview Law Limited is a company registered in England under registration number 7650291. Its registered office is Hilbre, Riverside Park, Southwood Road, Bromborough, Wirral, CH62 3QX. Riverview Law Limited is regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) under SRA number 612745.
Riverview Law is also registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office under registration reference: Z2839051
- visitors to our website
- people who do business with us or register for our any of our services (Services)
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Riverview Law Limited whose address is above.
Our nominated representative for the purpose of the Act is Neil Gould who is our Information Security Manager.
The information we collect about you
When you do business with us, or register for our services, or complete the “Contact Us” form on our website (www.riverviewlaw.com), we collect the following personal information from you:
- postal address;
- email address;
- website URL; and
- telephone number
How we will use the information about you
We will use this information:
- to allow us to provide the Services requested. The relevant information is then used by us to communicate with you on any matter relating to the conduct of your instructions in general;
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you; and
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Information we receive from other sources. We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Cookies and other information-gathering technologies
How we protect your information
- Manage how you use the Services;
- Contact you to see if you would like to take part in our customer research; and
- Contact you about our other products and services and those of others which we think you will be interested in unless you have indicated that you do not wish to be contacted. If we do contact you in this way, we will try to speak to the relevant person in your organisation, and we may contact you directly, or use other organisations which we have hired to contact you for us.
- We may give information to other companies in our group of companies, our licensors and contractors, and other organisations described in relevant documents so far as required to ensure we can provide you with the Services contained in your contract with us or to follow-up your enquiry.
- If you give us information which could give away the identity of an individual, you are agreeing that we can use it as described in this clause 5. If at any time you do not want us to use such information in that way, please call us.
- The data that we collect from you will be transferred to, and stored at, a destination within England, however please note that your data may be transferred overseas as set out below. We will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal information. However, you should be aware that the use of the Internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal information which is transferred from you or to you via the Internet.
Access to your information and updating and correcting your information
- You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.You also have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please send an email to email@example.com for the attention of our Information Security Manager, Neil Gould or send a letter to the Information Security Manager, (Neil Gould) at our registered office address set out above. We may make a small charge for this service towards our administration costs, as allowed by law.
- We want to ensure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. If any of the information that you have provided to Riverview Law changes, for example if you change your email address or name, please let us know the correct details by sending an email to our firstname.lastname@example.org for the attention of our Information Security Manager, Neil Gould or send a letter to the Information Security Manager, (Neil Gould), at our registered office address set out above. You may ask us, or we may ask you, to correct information you or we think is inaccurate, and you may also ask us to remove information which is inaccurate.
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
- Any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
- Selected third parties including:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you; and
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we enter into confidential discussions with a business that may be interested in investing in, acquiring or merging with Riverview Law, or sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Riverview Law or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
How to contact Riverview Law
Links to other websites
© Riverview Law Limited 2017