About This Role
The role involves ensuring excellent customer service through optimal quality, consistency, productivity and efficiency, using best-in-class techniques.
The role assists in providing legal services to FTSE 100 business customers and will support regulatory and compliance areas of supervision and file auditing.
The nature and scope of the role may change from time to time as directed by the Legal Manager or Director of Operations.
Advising, negotiating, reviewing and drafting covering but not limited to:
- All types of commercial contracts, including variations, assignments and the novation of existing agreements.
- Global procurement contracts (such as services, IT software, hardware, telecoms, etc.) under English law.
- Confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements.
- Any other industry specific contract types as may be required.
- Creating and implementing templates and processes.
- Performing legal and compliance due diligence analyses.
- Recording comprehensive, accurate and high quality Management Information for customers.
- Providing quality training to other team members including actively assisting with any team quality assurance processes.
- Ensuring the efficient and effective performance of all work, in compliance with all Service Level Agreements, Key Performance Indicators and other targets.
- Acting as point of escalation from team members for dealing with more complex legal issues, using experience, knowledge and judgement.
- Assisting with the compliance program including undertaking file audits and assisting the Legal Manager with the implementation of any remedial action.
- Developing and maintaining precedents, share know-how, drive positive, measurable change and engender a culture of continuous improvement throughout the organisation.
- Providing customer and service feedback and managing inbound service feedback as required.
- Being responsible for identifying issues, making recommendations and creating solutions.
- Ensuring that the corporate interests of Riverview are protected and enhanced within your respective area.
- Keeping the Legal Team Lead and/or Legal Manager regularly updated on all relevant matters.
- Undertaking any other reasonable duties as requested.
- Achieves objectives which are organised around Profitability, Productivity, Quality and Customer Satisfaction.
- Embodies the Riverview Values in all tasks and empowers all team members to do likewise.
Education / Qualifications
A minimum of five years’ experience in commercial law gained either in house or private practice as either a qualified and practicing solicitor (England and Wales) or equivalent alternative.
Skills / Attributes/ Experience
- High quality and relevant post qualification legal experience.
- Ability to provide commercial, relevant and pragmatic legal advice.
- Demonstrable experience of successfully managing a large and varied caseload of legal work for blue chip customers.
- Proven ability to effectively work independently, set priorities, meet deadlines, and to manage multiple projects in an extremely fast paced start-up environment.
- Thorough knowledge of using legal software as a case management system and/or document management system, such as the Legal Services Platform.
- Advanced IT skills (Word Processing, Outlook, Spread sheets, and Internet).
- Professional telephone manner.
- A proven ability to manage senior stakeholders.
- Ideally some experience of supervising others.
- Experience of negotiating contracts with blue chip companies.
- Legal Writing.
- Research and Investigative skills.
- Technology Skills.
- Attention to detail.
Ability to work flexible hours and locations, including occasional overnight stays as required.
Riverview Law is fully committed to the principle of equal opportunities in employment and opposes all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination, direct or indirect. All employees are expected to promote and work fully in line with the Company’s Equal Opportunities policy.
We will keep you up to date with our latest naws and offers