About This Role
You will be responsible for providing dedicated commercial contracts advice to a major customer supporting their various regional teams. You will work closely with their in house counsel and other stakeholders and may be requested to undertake a secondment.
The role involves ensuring excellent customer service through optimal quality, consistency, productivity and efficiency, using best-in-class techniques.
The nature and scope of the role may change from time to time as directed by the Legal Manager, Client Director or Director of Operations.
Riverview Law has grown significantly year on year, opened multiple offices in the UK and US, won a number of FTSE 100 customers and received recognition internationally with a number of awards. We have some great additional benefits, carefully chosen to add value to our employees overall package, including our One Team reward bonus, Private Health Care with BUPA, Life Assurance and Holiday purchase scheme.
On a day to day basis your role will include advice, negotiation, reviewing and drafting covering:
- All types of commercial contracts, including variations, assignments and the novation of existing agreements.
- Global procurement contracts (such as services, IT software, hardware, telecoms, etc.) under English law.
- Confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements.
- Creating and implementing templates and processes.
- Performing legal and compliance due diligence analysis.
- Recording comprehensive, accurate and high quality Management Information for customers.
- To ensure the efficient and effective performance of all work, in compliance with all Service Level Agreements, Key Performance Indicators and other targets.
- Point of escalation from junior team members for dealing with more complex legal issues, using experience, knowledge and judgement.
- To assist with the compliance program including undertaking file audits.
- To develop and maintain precedents, share know-how, drive positive, measurable change and engender a culture of continuous improvement throughout the organisation.
- Provide customer and service feedback and deal with expressions of dis-satisfaction/complaints as required.
- Responsible for identifying issues, making recommendations and creating solutions.
- To ensure that the corporate interests of Riverview are protected and enhanced.
- Keep the Legal Team Lead and/or Legal Manager regularly updated on all relevant matters.
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as requested.
- You will required to manage your own time effectively in order to complete workload and meet deadlines.
- You will need to create, maintain and promote a productive and supportive relationship with all colleagues.
- You will work closely with all key stakeholders across the business to ensure services are delivered effectively.
- You will work with teams across the business to support objectives.
Measurements will include:
- Feedback from internal stakeholders and external clients.
- Other achievement benchmarks as agreed in regular 121s.
- Achieving client deadlines.
Education / Qualifications
Qualified and practising solicitor (England and Wales) with a minimum of two years post qualification experience in commercial law gained either in house or private practice.
Skills / Attributes / Experience
- High quality and relevant post qualification legal experience.
- Ability to provide commercial, relevant and pragmatic legal advice.
- Demonstrable experience of successfully managing a large and varied caseload of legal work for blue chip customers.
- Proven ability to effectively work independently, set priorities, meet deadlines, and to manage multiple projects in an extremely fast paced start-up environment.
- Thorough knowledge of using legal software as a case management system and/or document management system, such as the Legal Services Platform.
- Advanced IT skills (Word Processing, Outlook, Spread sheets, and Internet).
- Professional telephone manner.
- A proven ability to manage senior stakeholders.
- Ideally some experience of supervising others.
- Experience of negotiating contracts with blue chip companies.
- Legal Writing.
- Research and Investigative skills.
- Technology Skills.
- Attention to detail.
Ability to work flexible hours and locations, including occasional overnight stays as required.
Riverview Law is fully committed to the principle of equal opportunities in employment and opposes all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination, direct or indirect. All employees are expected to promote and work fully in line with the Company’s Equal Opportunities policy.